Thursday 19 January 2012

Innovation- Bamboo fabric

NEW PROJECT!!

Is on innovation believe it or not!!! I have decided to look into sustainability within the textile industry! With this in mind I have decided to work with bamboo fabric.  While doing my research I discovered that not a lot has been done with bamboo fabric.  There are a few pigment prints out there and nice nappies but that is mainly it on the printed front!
Started experimenting in the print room today (with one minor flood), I have tried pigment printing which turned out nicely..the handle of the fabric ended up being much better than cotton printed with pigments. 
Expantex was particularly nice! White expantex on the white bamboo fabric makes for a lovely combination.  With this in mind I am experimenting more with this and using old mixed dyes to keep sustainability in mind!!

No comments:

Post a Comment